In today’s market marketing teams are under more and more pressure to perform and get results. ROI is a magic word in marketing now-a-days, while budgets and resources are under pressure as well. In the meantime customers are holding back and getting less and less faithfull to just one brand. So, pressure is on for the marketing department, because you can only do so much to get better results.
There are several trends today which cause this higher pressure, says a paper by DMA and SAS.
- Consumers are more empowered then ever
- Data volumes are exploding
- New contact channels add complexity and dissonance
- You don’t control all the channels
- There’s more opportunity for confusion and noise
- Marketing organizations are drowning in data
How can marketers keep their head up in all this turmoil? How can they identify the best strategy that will deliver the best returns on from marketing investments?
Wilson Raj, Global Customer Intelligence Director at SAS shed his light on how to improve ROI on your marketing investments during a webinar sponsored by the Direct Marketing Association and SAS. Optimization is the keyword, he says.